PE & Sport Premium
In March 2013 the Government announced that it was to provide funding of £600 million per annum, initially for the academic years 2013 to 2017, but this has continued to be ongoing, to improve PE and sport in primary schools in England.
The vision being that all pupils leaving primary school are physically literate and have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
This is how we intend to spend our allocation.
To employ a specialist PE teacher to:
- Develop the PE curriculum.
- Work with class teachers and TAs to deliver high quality PE lessons.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality PE for two hours per week per child.
- Oversee the provision of extra-curricular activities both before and after school.
- Develop the PE equipment in line with the curriculum needs of our growing primary school.
The impact of our Sports Premium Money will be:
- Improved knowledge and skills for teachers and TAs improving consistency of approach and quality of PE.
- More children taking part in extra-curricular activities.
- Children developing a higher level of competence in a range of activities.
- Increased participation.
- Links across the curriculum.
- Sport and healthy lifestyles are an integral part of each child’s experience.